The blues host the reds on Sunday evening looking to put their disappointing champions league loss to Valencia in midweek behind them. So here are some match facts ahead of the big game:
1) Since the start of the 2000s, Sunday's game will be the 61st meeting between Chelsea and Liverpool in all competitions, making it the most played fixture between English sides in all competitions in the 21st century.
2) Chelsea have only won one of their last nine premier league with Liverpool. (Five draws, three defeats)
3) Liverpool have won five of their last 11 at Stamford Bridge in the competition.
4) In all competitions, Chelsea have only failed to score in one of our last 20 meetings with Liverpool, in a 0-2 defeat at An field last season.
5) Frank Lampard's side are seeking their first clean sheet for the first time this season. The last time the blues kept a clean sheet in a home premier league game was at Leicester in May.
6) Chelsea have beaten the side starting the day top of the PL on 18 occasions, three more than any other team.
Will Chelsea make it the 19th time they've beaten a team starting the day at the top of the Premier league this evening?