Friday, May 8, 2020

“No 50% discount sale for Onana and Van de Beek”

Former Manchester United Goalkeeper Edwin Van der Sar says there would be no 50% discount sale for suitors of Van de Beek and Onana.

The Ajax AFC Chief Executive have dished out a warning to the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Barcelona who are interested in the aforementioned players.

Edwin Van der sar told reuters: In January last year, people said we were going to lose seven or eight players but we lost only two key members.

“The big clubs such as Bayern Munich have said the benchmark fee will go down in the next few transfer windows, but it’s easier for them to say because they are the buyers.


“Of course, the €150 to 200 million transfers are gone, but I think there is still a lot of value for players who come from Ajax. Well educated, experienced in winning and playing European football.


“Last year, we made verbal agreements with Onana, [Nicolas] Tagliafico, Van de Beek to stay another season and then we look to help each other and find the next step in their careers. Nothing has changed. There won’t be a 50% discount. The clubs can forget about that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rangers favourites to sign Wilshere

Scottish Club Rangers have emerged as favourites to sign free agent Jack Wilshere after he left Westham United. Jack Wilshere on leaving the...